Check for Changes to Your Itinerary
Due to a technical issue, Viking Tor will go into dry dock for a day. The following itinerary will be slightly altered as a consequence:
- August 26th Romantic Danube aboard Viking Tor – Embarkation will take place in Nuremberg instead of Erlangen. On Day 4, shore excursions will operate by motorcoach from Linz instead of Passau.
The Elbe River is currently experiencing low water levels due to limited rain fall. As a consequence, sailing is restricted for certain ships and parts of the river. Impact on individual cruises varies, but may entail embarkation/disembarkation in unaffected ports, abbreviated sailing, certain itinerary destinations being visited by motorcoach, and ship swaps.
As conditions may change on short notice, full effect on future cruises cannot be determined until closer to departure. We currently anticipate the following cruises may be affected:
- August 25th Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Fontane – Viking Fontane will likely be docked in Wittenberg Days 3-5. Guests will then likely swap to identical sister ship Viking Schumann, docked in Dresden, for Days 5-9. Shore excursions will be operated by motorcoach.
- August 25th Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Schumann – Viking Schumann will likely be docked in Dresden Days 3-5. Guests will then likely swap to identical sister ship Viking Fontane, docked in Wittenberg, for Days 5-9. Shore excursions will be operated by motorcoach.
- August 27th Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Astrild – Disembarkation prior to the Prague night is likely to be in Dresden or Bad Schandau instead of Melnik
- August 27th Poland, Prague & the Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Astrild – Disembarkation prior to the Prague nights is likely to be in Dresden or Bad Schandau instead of Melnik
- August 27th Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Beyla – Embarkation is likely to be in Dresden or Bad Schandau instead of Melnik following the Prague day
- September 1st Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Fontane – This cruise has been cancelled
- September 1st Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Schumann – This cruise has been cancelled
KEMBS LOCK MAINTENANCE
Due to the scheduled repair work on the lock at Kembs on the Rhine, we anticipate that there may be some delays in sailing between Strasbourg, France, and Basel, Switzerland. Please be advised that prolonged delays may result in slight changes in your itinerary. This situation affects all 2016 sailings on the following itineraries:
- Rhine Getaway
- Rhineland Discovery
- Rhine Rhapsody
Guests on affected departures have been contacted individually.
Contacting Viking Cruises
To contact Customer Relations during your trip or after you return home, please call 1-877-523-0579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, Mon-Fri, 6:00 AM-8:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 AM-4:00 PM, PDT.
We will continue to update this page with more information as it becomes available.
Updates on Current Sailings - Viking River Cruises