Check for Changes to Your Itinerary
Viking normally enjoys prime docking locations in all the ports we visit, but due to limited availability of docking spots in central Amsterdam, the port authority has reassigned several Viking ships to alternate arrangements.
The following departures are affected:
- July 1st Grand European Tour aboard Viking Gefjon
- July 1st Rhine Getaway aboard Viking Mani
- July 3rd Rhine Getaway aboard Viking Kara
The Elbe River is currently experiencing low water levels due to limited rain fall. Currently, this primarily affects the sailing portions in the Czech Republic between our regular embarkation/disembarkation port Melnik and Bad Schandau, just across the border in Germany, as well as the stretch between Wittenberg and our embarkation/disembarkation port Magdeburg in Germany. Impact on individual cruises varies, but may entail embarkation/disembarkation in unaffected ports, abbreviated sailing, and certain itinerary destinations being visited by motorcoach.
As conditions may change on short notice, effect on future cruises cannot be determined until closer to departure. We currently anticipate the following cruises may be affected:
- June 30th Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Schumann
- June 30th Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Fontane
- July 2nd Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Astrild
- July 2nd Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Beyla
- July 2nd Poland, Prague & the Elegant Elbe aboard Viking Astrild
WATER LEVEL ADVISORY
The Rhine River is currently experiencing high water levels in southern Germany. The impact on current sailings varies depending on departure, but may entail delays, itinerary adjustments, and embarkation/disembarkation in unaffected ports. The following departures will be affected:
- June 27th Switzerland to the North Sea aboard Viking Lofn – The ship will not be able to reach Basel for embarkation. Embarkation will take place in Breisach, Germany instead. Please locate our airport representatives on arrival in Basel.
KEMBS LOCK MAINTENANCE
Due to the scheduled repair work on the lock at Kembs on the Rhine, we anticipate that there may be some delays in sailing between Strasbourg, France, and Basel, Switzerland. Please be advised that prolonged delays may result in slight changes in your itinerary. This situation affects all 2016 sailings on the following itineraries:
- Rhine Getaway
- Rhineland Discovery
- Rhine Rhapsody
Guests on affected departures have been contacted individually.
Contacting Viking Cruises
To contact Customer Relations during your trip or after you return home, please call 1-877-523-0579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, Mon-Fri, 6:00 AM-8:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 AM-4:00 PM, PDT.
We will continue to update this page with more information as it becomes available.