To complement your onshore excursions, take part in immersive learning and enhancement activities both on board and ashore:
• Hands-on demonstrations in cuckoo clock-making, wooden shoe-carving or glassblowing
• Classes in cooking specialties like apple strudel and Alsatian flammkuchen
• Traditional performances of folk music and dance, or waltzes by Strauss
• Tastings of local cheeses, coffees, liqueurs and other delicacies
These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Learn about:
• Dutch Masters or French impressionists
• Castles along the Rhine Valley
• The formation of the European Union
• The life and works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
• Wine and cuisine of southern France
• Key words and phrases in the local language wherever you are traveling
These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.