Win a 2014 river cruise trip for two including roundtrip air
Visit all the highlights of the legendary Rhine in just 8 days. In Germany, see the many charming castles commanding the riverbanks as you sail by, and tour both Marksburg Castle and the ruins of Heidelberg Castle. Admire Cologne, the jewel of the Rhine, with its awe-inspiring Dom, and experience the lush landscape of the Black Forest region. Also, explore Holland’s famous windmills and waterworks, encounter multicultural Strasbourg in France, and take part in the inviting nightlife in Rudesheim’s Drosselgasse. On this itinerary you see a lot-without spending a lot of time.
Your Viking River Cruises trip for two includes:
- 8-day cruise with river-view stateroom and 6 guided tours
- All meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 7 dinners including Welcome Cocktail Reception & Dinner and Captain’s Farewell Dinner
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks with onboard dinner and lunch service
- Visits to 5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Culture Curriculum: classical music performance, create your own Alsatian Flammkuchen, traditional glassblower, lectures on Germany’s current affairs & origins of Rhine River cruising
- All port charges
- Free wi-fi, connection speed may vary
No purchase necessary (void where prohibited by law). Purchase will not enhance chances of winning. Open only to persons twenty-one (21) years of age or older who are permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the United States, Washington DC and Canada (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) and who are physically located therein. Sweepstakes void outside the United States and Canada. Employees and directors of Viking River Cruises, ("Sponsor"), their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and their advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
1. Eligibility & Entry: One entry per person. No purchase required. Purchases won’t increase your chance of winning. Entries become the property of Viking River Cruises. ("Viking River Cruises," also referred to as "we" or "us"). Entrants will receive email announcements and special offers from us, but will always have the opportunity to opt out of marketing emails. Your privacy is important to us. Viking River Cruises does not sell or share your personal information with any other companies for the purposes of marketing or solicitation. Entries must be received by midnight on the final day of the promotional period. Any other attempt at entry is void. No person will be awarded more than one prize. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; any technical error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
2. Promotional Period: Promotion begins on 10/01/13 and ends on 12/18/13. Eligible entries must be received by the end of the promotional period.
3. Drawing: There will be one winner for the sweepstakes. Winner will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of Viking River Cruises from all eligible entries received. The drawing will take place around 1/18/14. The winner will be notified within approximately 14 days after the drawing. If prize cannot be accepted as stated, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If the selected entrant can not be contacted after 7 days of notification, or if the selected entrant does not comply with the sweepstakes Rules and Regulations, that entrant forfeits any right to the Prize and another entrant will be selected.
4. Prize/Odds: One (1) winner with one companion will win a free Rhine Getaway cruise with roundtrip trans-oceanic air. Coach-class airfare from a published gateway and category C accommodations on space-available basis only (approximate retail value up to $12,302 per couple). One entry per person. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. The Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should prize stated become unavailable. Void where prohibited.
6. General Conditions: If prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected. If selected entrant is a Canadian resident, he/she must answer as part of the Declaration of Compliance, a skill-testing question correctly prior to receiving prize. By accepting prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s authority (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval. Entrants, by participating, release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor and Viking River Cruises and their parents, affiliates, subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
7. Arbitration/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsor and/or Viking River Cruises in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Los Angeles, CA.
8. Winners List: For information on winners selected on 1/18/14, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after 10/01/13 and before 12/18/13 to: Viking River Cruises, Winners List, 5700 Canoga Ave, Suite 200, Woodland Hills, CA 91367. Winners’ names will also be posted at www.vikingrivercruises.com/about/vikingnews.aspx.